Apology for being away from the blogsphere for the last week. Too long. I know. I enjoyed myself on the italian riviera so no chance to bring along my mac since my feet were constantly in the water.
At the same time I hope you enjoyed my little break if you already follow me on Instagram (If not @nickyinsideout is the destination since I am going back to Italy in a couple of weeks).
On a different note, back to the city, back in the game.
I have been invited to show my #animalprintlove, so I take the opportunity to show you how I include the feline print in my outfit staying chic yet effortless. I like to mix animal prints together such as leopard and python or zebra and python but I always keep it a max of 2 prints war.
I select the animal print pieces in a mixture of fabrics: silk, cotton, lurex, pony skin or leather .. But never wear 2 of the same together.
Animal prints could easily degenerate to flashy by bringing the look to an exaggerate sexy level .. So I dressed it down with birks slides.
Finally I sported a python print accessory with my red DVF which breaks the colour palette.
Sandals: Birkenstock Arizona (here) | Sunglasses: Celine (more here) |
I am very aware of the fact that I’ve been moaning a lot about the weather lately. All the blame goes to my Italian heritage and the reality is that I grow up and lived for 20 years in a place where from mid April for almost 6 months you spend every spare minute of your life on the beach .. early morning walk on the beach, breakfast on the beach, lunch, hanging out, aperitivo, dinner, parties . . the beach is always involved, and the sun!
So yeah, I believe I am a little justified.
On a positive note, I came up for you with a bit of an outfit inspiration of what to wear in the ‘city where it always rains’, aka RainyLand . . I put on a trench coat but I didn’t drop the white summer look.
The next outfit post is going to be from Italy . . Now we are talking!!
Same as most people, my taste develops perpetually, but I believe over time I evolved my own style.
Today I came up with my personal style tips:
1. For day-to-day it’s about ease while still merging trends.
2. I like to be inspired by the catwalks – I like adopting pieces from here and there and then making my own expression.
3. Accessories are really important to me. I suppose they truly create the outfit and support the definition of your personal style, more than clothes.
4. Dress for yourself first, you have to feel good in your outfit to genuinely look good.
5. Do not be timid to attempt something unusual for you. Like I did with this new DVF splash of red!
6. Finally, you don’t have to deplete your credit card. It’s about key pieces, fashion sense and express yourself through your looks.
What are your style rules?
Sweater: Claudie Pierlot (more here) | Denim Jacket: Benetton (here)